KMTC Scholarship Opportunities for Certificate in Community Health Nursing 2017/2018 Sponsored by the Ministry of Health and World Bank
KMTC Scholarship Opportunities for Certificate in Community Health
Nursing 2017/2018 Academic Year Under the Transforming Health Systems for Universal Care Project
The Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC), in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and World Bank is offering training opportunities for a Certificate course in Community Health Nursing commencing March 2018 in the 2017/2018 academic year.
This scholarship is targeting candidates from Marginalized and Vulnerable Groups (VMGs) willing to serve in their communities upon graduation. The VMGs are defined by the Project’s Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups Framework (VMGF) that can be downloaded from the Ministry of Health Website. Applicants are expected to attach a handwritten essay of not more than two hundred (200) words explaining why they feel that they deserve the scholarship, and the contribution they will make to the community upon graduation. Applications should be sent so as to reach the Director, KMTC on or before 30th November 2017.
Successful applicants will receive full scholarship for the duration of the course. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MANDATORY ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE IN COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING COURSES
Specific Minimum Entry Requirements
- K.C.S.E Mean Grade C- or equivalent qualifications
- C- in English or Kiswahili
- C- in Biology
- D+ in any one of the following: Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
Course Duration: 2 ½ years
Campuses: Kabarnet, Lodwar, Kapenguria, Kitui, Oloitoktok, Bomet, Msambweni and Kilifi
Requirements for creating a new account
- a) Use valid personal email address.
If you don’t have an email address you can easily create one before you continue with the application process.
- Visit KMTC Website i.e. kmtc.ac.ke
- Click on application portal on the top right side of the website.
- If you do not have an account, click Register in the form provided and fill in your details as required then submit.
- You’ll be redirected into a personal details form which you fill and
- If you have an account, click Login and input your email address and password.
- You will be directed to Dashboard.
- Fill in your KCSE subject scores correctly and click submits.
- On the left sidebar of the Dashboard, Click Application then clicks Select level as World Bank (THS_UCP).
- Fill in Transforming Health Systems for Universal Care project form (THS-UCP)
- View the THS-UCP form for accuracy then click print form
- Print out form duly completed should be signed and stamped by the relevant officers/persons
- Attach copies of your academic documents accordingly and send to:
Kenya Medical Training College,
P.O. Box 30195 – 00100